PART-TIME - 25 Hours per ...
PART-TIME - 25 Hours per week - 6 month contract with possibility of extension
Niagara-on-the-Lake Public Library is establishing a community focused Makerspace in a new space called The Makery.
The Makery Programmer will research, create, implement and evaluate engaging interactive programs for school-aged children and adult customers in emergent technologies and maker space focused activities. Their awareness and passion for one-on-one and small group instruction will combine with creativity and passion to develop unique programs designed to teach and inspire independent use of The Makery.
- Active interest in current technologies and devices such as: basic coding, 3D printing technologies, Vinyl Cutters, Laser Cutters, Adobe Creative Suite or similar design software. Green screen technologies, and video and sound recording/editing
- Minimum college diploma or university degree
- Well-developed interpersonal, presentation, public relations and customer service skills
- Ability to adapt to flexible work schedules
- Ability to accurately perform detailed work in an environment where interruptions are constant
- Awareness of current library trends particularly those involving the maker movement
Compensation: $23.94 per hour
Please email resumes and cover letter by 5pm on Friday March 31st, 2017 to:
Laura Tait, Library Manager
Industry 1:Other/Not Classified